Jade offers a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space where clients can both find their voice and be heard. Sometimes simply being heard can be sufficient to alleviate pain and difficult feelings. In other instances having an external person to reflect and examine your emotions with can help bring clarity, understanding and acceptance.
The psychodynamic technique aims to bring the unconscious mind into consciousness, through exploring one’s past and present experiences, perceptions and feelings. The relationship between the therapist and client can be utilised as a helpful tool to identify entrenched thoughts, feelings, behaviors and destructive patterns. Psychotherapy is a unique process which brings profound understanding and lasting change both personally and professionally, often the value of this is more far-reaching than what prompted clients to seek therapy in the first place. The process of self-discovery is empowering as it allows you to make informed decisions and not simply react unconsciously to internal and external stimulus, repeating unhelpful patterns or habitual ways of relating which reinforce dissatisfaction and despair. Self-reflection can at times be painful but can also be surprising and exciting, ultimately it is invaluable.
Having an independent therapist who is not a relative or friend to share this journey with you can bring a degree of freedom and security enabling you to consider taking what may feel like emotional risks, resolve conflicts both internally and externally, action change where possible and begin to accept what is beyond your control.
Jade is here to help with the following:
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Relationship issues, Family difficulties, Separation and Divorce
- Bereavement and Loss
- Suicidal thoughts, Self-harm
- Sexuality and Sexual identity, Sex addiction or Sex-related issues
- Anger, Aggression or Violence
- Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Abortion and Postnatal depression
- Work-related difficulties, Bullying, Career concerns and Redundancy
- Abuse, Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- General feelings of Dissatisfaction, Isolation, Despair and Malaise
- Eating disorders and Addictions
- Low Self-confidence/self-esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Jade offers short-term (8-16 weeks) and long-term (ongoing) Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and counselling. Sessions will be held at the same time each week.
Skype or Face to Face sessions in Walthamstow (East London)
£80 Initial Assessment: 75 Minutes
£60 Each Session: 50 Minutes